So much pressure. So much to compress. You landed the job way back, and you’ve been at it for a year or ten. There’s been the refresher course, the speed-read text-book, a guru lecture or two and the opinions of ‘co-workers’, welcome or not. You’ve suffered the slings, arrows and whimsy of passing creative directors. Above all, you’ve put the in hours, the client time, the short form, the shorter form, the headline options and, well… is that it?
You want to write short and you fancy some objective, improving help. Welcome to a workshop that’s all about (on the writing front), the less said, the better.
This Masterclass is about the ratio of time spent ‘thinking’ to ‘doing’. Pressured to produce nuggets of pitch-perfect, condensed thinking in concise sentences during office hours, this is instead time spent leaning back. You will consider the concentrated summary; the act of compression; maximum illumination with minimal expression; the written articulation of ideas; compacting the medium of your message. Throughout, brevity is welcome.
By the end of this workshop you will:
- Gain a refreshing reappraisal of how you currently write
- Understand how tightly edited thinking can lead to better edited writing
- Become a minimalist. It’s fun but hard work
- Learn about headline articulation - from newspapers to D&AD Pencils
Who it's for:
- Advertising practitioners who have been in the game for a while
- Creative copywriters with around ten years of experience
- Writers needing a refresher, re-booter or pathfinder
- Anyone who knows their way around the discipline already, but needs a top-up
Looking for More Information?
If you're interested in learning more about any of our Masterclasses, or have any related queries, please leave your details below and someone will be in touch shortly.