User experience is the emotion, intuition and connection a person feels when using a site or product, and is something that should be considered from the start of any digital project. It’s been proven time and again that when focus is put on the end user – what they want and what they need – consumers not only get a better experience but can have a huge impact on a brand's or business's bottom line. But getting it right the first time isn't easy. Like most digital disciplines the craft of UX is in constant flux as users' expectations evolve, and the very definition of "experience" has to take into account an ever-growing set of touchpoints.
In this day-long UX masterclass, Christopher Lee Ball will take you through the history of user experience, the core fundamentals of designing with a human being in mind and go through major steps of the process while responding to an actual brief. With those mastered, we'll look at what's on the horizon for the craft of UX - tomorrow, in a year, and even in a decade - and what new UX methodologies, tools and techniques can equip you to cope with the unknown changes.. Building on seven key themes already changing the way we approach UX, by the end of the masterclass you'll have designed your own future-proof user experience by peering through the looking glass at the next decade of innovation.
By the end of this workshop you will:
- Understand what UX is, the history and its importance in design and advertising
- Learn how to create, refine and use personas, and rethink definitions of “user” and “experience” when needed
- Know how to create customer journeys and map out the story
Who it's for:
- Anyone wanting to learn more about UX, the UX journey and how it all works
- Anyone working in digital
- Strategists and planners interested in learning more about digital experiences
Looking for more information?
If you're interested in learning more about any of our Masterclasses, or have any related queries, please leave your details below and someone will be in touch shortly.