UX is the experience, emotion, intuition and connection a person feels when using a site or product and is something that should be considered from the outset of any digital project. It’s been proven time and again that when focus is put on the end user – what they want and what they need – consumers not only get a better experience but can have a huge impact on brand's or business's bottom line. But, getting it right the first time isn't easy. Like most digital disciplines the craft of user experience is in constant flux as "users" expectations constantly evolve, and the very definition of "experience" has to take into account an ever-growing set of touch-points.
In this day-long UX masterclass, Christopher Lee Ball will take you through the history of user experience, the core fundamentals of designing with a human being in mind and go through major steps of the process while responding to an actual brief. With those mastered, we'll look at what's on the horizon for the craft of UX tomorrow, in a year, and even in a decade, and what new UX methodologies, tools and techniques can equip you to cope with the unknown changes too. Building on seven key themes already changing the way we approach UX, by the end of the masterclass you'll have designed your own future-proof user experience by peering through the looking-hole into the next decade of innovation.
By the end of this masterclass, you will:
- Understand what UX is, the history and its importance to design and advertising
- Learn how to create, refine and use personas, and rethink definitions of “user” and “experience” when needed
- Know how to create customer journeys and map out the story
- Have the tools and techniques to evolve your UX craft, from ideation to prototyping to task-based user testing
- Know how to use the seven dimensions of future UX in your own design thinking
- Understand new challenges facing users, businesses and technology
- Be able to talk confidently about UX to clients and to your design teams
- Anyone wanting to learn more about UX, the UX journey and how it all works
- Anyone working in digital
- Strategists and planners interested in learning more about digital experiences
Christopher Lee Ball cut his design teeth creating new digital products for Thompson Reuters in New York City. After earning a masters in film theory in London in 2006, he was one of the lead designers of the YouView (nee Canvas) IPTV platform for the BBC and its partner broadcasters. In 2009 he joined DigitasLBi, where clients have included Virgin Atlantic, BT, AstraZeneca, Cunard, Renault, and Nissan. He is currently a director and head of the DigitasLBi UK user experience team.
Looking for More Information?
If you're interested in learning more about any of our Masterclasses, or have any related queries, please leave your details below and someone will be in touch shortly.