Discover the power of words with this online writing course from master of creative copy, Will Awdry. Over four weeks, you’ll learn to tackle the tyranny of the blank page, learn the art of brevity, transform your copy to inspire action, and make your words go further.
The online creative copywriting course that will get you to think differently about words and enhance your copywriting craft.
Whether you’re at the early stages of a copywriting career, or a seasoned writer looking to sharpen your skills, this online creative copywriting course, led by Will Awdry, provides inside understanding and some sneaky techniques to boost your creative copywriting skills.
Split into four parts, this digital creative copywriting course provides a firm grounding in the art of writing for any advertising and design, teaches you how to think differently about words, and apply this to your client briefs, design project or advertising creative.
This course takes place over 4 dates and places are capped at 14 for this creative copywriting training course.
Part 1: Copy Tale-Shaker
You’ll learn how to mix it up and get going. Provocative looseners, opening lines, getting a flavour for your audience. A shot of invigorating spirit to spritz your imagination before you sit down to write.
Part 2: Writing Compressed
Opens doors to help pack your thoughts into tight spaces. Storylines in an instant. Thought bombs that expand in the mind. The art of keeping your writing memorable. This session will make your words go further.
Part 3: Sharper Arrows
Headlines, email headers, titles. The FAQ is how to improve the barbs that make readers fall for your message. Practise a dozen ways to puncture audience indifference and bring your idea to life.
Part 4: Writing off the sofa
Active language and how to find it in a few seconds flat. Some simple, memorable tools that will make your copywriting vivid, immediate and involving. Easy exercises that are fun and will stay with you. A session that will stretch your wingspan even if you’ve been flying for a while.
Who it's for:
- New copywriters who are just starting their careers
- People whose ambition is to become a copywriter
- Managers who find themselves having to write copy for their own businesses
- Working copywriters who’d like to polish their writing skills and reignite their enthusiasm for writing
- Anyone who wishes to master the art of writing clear and persuasive advertising copy
- Anyone who writes web content who would like to sharpen their skills.
By the end of this workshop you will:
- Gain some kickstarters to fire up your writing
- Have failsafe ways to find your strategic compass
- Develop simple, compelling hooks to engage your audience personally
- Learn how to have brand storyline generation
- Super compressed narrative development
- Learn idea definition and construction
- Speedier headline generation
- Theme and variation to invigorate a campaign
- A simple, mental toolkit to address any brief
- Quickfire idea shaping thanks to reverse thinking
- Trimming and ordering your message for longer copy
- How to work with restrictions