Digital is one of the most exciting, dynamic ingredients for any brand or campaign. Yet the translation of traditional art direction to digital can be tricky. It has its own sensitivities, language, logic and tools which are all evolving at a rapid rate. From the outside it can seem intimidating. From the inside you can become stuck.
This course is your digital bootcamp, building on what you already know, filling in any gaps and leaving you ready to approach ambitious digital projects with confidence. Based around six core components of digital design, this session will take you from mapping a customer journey and creating a digital blueprint, to designing and prototyping your next digital project. But you won’t stop there.
Throughout the day you will work through a brief iteratively with Alex, punctuated by inspiring examples and course content delivered with the right balance of magic and logic to fuel your ideas. By the end of the session you’ll be speaking the lingo and working like a digital native, able to communicate more effectively with digital specialists, developers and engineering teams.
By the end of this workshop you will:
- Appreciate the limitations on creating traditional print design work
- Understand the variety of digital platforms available and their strengths and weaknesses
- Learn new software designed for a digital workflow that will save you time
- Communicate more effectively with digital specialists and technologists
Who it's for:
- Art directors and print designers new to working in digital
- Anyone who’d like to get to grips with digital design in a quick and effective way
- Print specialists who’d like a better understanding of the possibilities of digital design
- Account people from conventional or digital agencies who are curious to understand the creative technicalities
Looking for More Information?
If you're interested in learning more about any of our Masterclasses, or have any related queries, please leave your details below and someone will be in touch shortly.