Everything is story. Conversations, presentations, advertisements, news reports, Facebook updates, they are all some form of story; a message with meaning we want to share with other people. This workshop gets to the heart of how to find and tell a compelling and engaging story.
Whether you’re creating your first story or five hundredth, this session provides a fresh perspective from the lens of an award-winning TV commissioner and producer. Learn to craft a story that connects by understanding audience, whether they’re viewers of a short film or buyers in a pitch meeting.
Through the course of this practical workshop you’ll create interesting characters and thrust them into imaginative situations, develop plots that captivate audiences and create a narrative that surprises and connects.
By the end, you’ll come away knowing how to craft and develop effective story arcs, how to create immediate hooks, and the fundamental principles that make a story work across 30 seconds or 3 hours. When it comes to building a narrative that can get millions of people talking and spending hours, if not days, engrossed in a story, none do it better than those responsible for binge-worthy TV.
By the end of this workshop you will:
- Improve your storytelling techniques and employ them across different mediums.
- Gain insight into why certain stories succeed where others fail
- Broaden your knowledge of writing and storytelling across media platforms
- Understand what to do to attract and engage an audience over different platforms and media.
- Tackle a storytelling challenge, and learn to implement these lessons when responding to creative briefs.
Who it's for:
- Creatives involved in writing ideas, delivering presentations, designing storyboards. Those tasked with the challenge of crafting stories for brands.
- Anyone interested in learning more about the way scripts are developed
- All levels wanting to learn how to communicate a compelling narrative
- Designers, marketers and brand communicators interested in reimagining how their brand stories can be told
Looking for more information?
If you're interested in learning more about any of our Masterclasses, or have any related queries, please leave your details below and someone will be in touch shortly.