With two and a half decades of experience in creativity, marketing, sustainability, technology and brand innovation, Jose Gorbea, aka ‘Pepe’, is a passionate leader, well-established speaker, marketing professor and expert in revitalizing brands through purpose, consumer co-creation and sustainability.
Pepe has proven that consumer centric campaigns deliver outstanding results. From iconic confectionery brands to smaller farming communities in the Italian mountains, Pepe’s strategic counsel has been the foundation for branding success all over the world. For him, bringing to life the voice of the consumer and their communities through the power of co-creation has helped him enable his clients to produce ‘Better Marketing’ from the likes of Hershey’s #HerShe and Nescafe’s ‘New Year’s Resolutions’ to Dettol’s ‘Covid Warriors’ and Smirnoff’s ‘Love Wins’ just to name a few.
Pepe’s transition from FMCG into Tech has sparked a marketing evolution, proving that through physical experiences and technology, brands can accelerate ESG commitments, celebrate diversity, drive supply chain transparency while reducing packaging waste & carbon footprint.
Most recently, Pepe has created consumer-centric frameworks for brands that want to drive positive sustainable behavior change via personalization and sustainability.
Pepe grew up in the suburbs of Mexico City, led the marketing agenda of multiple brands at Bimbo, Kraft Foods, Nestle and Mondelez across the globe and is a former alumnus of Google’s Marketing Academy. He holds a post-graduate from Stanford’s School of Business on ‘Building Innovative Leaders’ and is a valued member of D&AD’s Impact Council. He recently was invited as a marketing professor at ESADE School of Business in (the 9th top Marketing School in the world). He currently lives with his wife and 2 kids in Barcelona, where he continues his journey to reinvent marketing that creates a better future for all.
“Embrace the Power of Co-Creation: human beings aren’t just recipients of information. Brands need to celebrate the voices of their communities and empower people to make our world a better place”
- Recognized by CNN's Grupo Expansion with a Marketing Monster Award in delivering one of the best performing marketing campaigns of 2010 in Mexico with Nestle Chocolates 'Carlos V' brand (http://expansion.mx/monstruos-de-la-mercadotecnia-2010/2010/10/20/nestle-juega-y-reposiciona-a-carlos-v)
- Recognized by Mondelez with the 'Best Brand Revitalization' Award in 2017 for successfully turning around the Stimorol chewing gum brand in Europe.
- Marketing Thought Leader actively participating in key events as a speaker:
- Member of D&AD's Impact Council
- Cannes Lions on 'Unleashing The Power of Co-Creation'
- Sustainable Brands on digitally printed packaging 'for Good' (San Diego 2021 / Madrid 2021 / Asia 2022)
- WARC Talks: the 'Marketing effectiveness of digital packaging' (2020)
- Global Marketer Week (Lisbon 2019)
- Digital Design Days (Geneva & Milan in 2019)
- Loyalty Summit Europe (Barcelona 2018)
- IMC Forum (Switzerland 2017)
- Interpack (May 2017)