We’ve teamed up with Squarespace, the leading all-in-one website building platform, on a video series to help make your portfolio sing and to help you sell it. We’ve spoken to the industry’s top creatives on these 5 key topics: Branding, Art Direction, Copywriting, UX and Selling yourself.
Once you’ve tuned in to our series and developed what it is that defines you as a creative, head over to Squarespace to build your online portfolio. Here's a handy 10% off promo code to get you started: DANDAD2019
Episode 1: How to brand your online portfolio with Casey Bird
Casey Bird has spent the last 10 years moulding a personal brand as a purpose-driven creative. With both 9-5 and freelance experience, Casey knows her stuff. Here, she shares top tips on how to build your own personal brand, and taking those all-important first career steps.
Below we’ve listed a handy checklist, to help you focus in on what you need:
- Think about what it is that defines you as a creative – what you do, your mission and your passion projects.
- Create an ‘About me’ section on your website that captures your personal brand in a single statement.
- Select an online portfolio template that reflects your personality and style.
- Personalise your domain name with something professional and memorable.
- Customise your website’s favicon design to align the website’s look and feel with your personal brand.
- Adapt your personal brand statement and add it to your social media profiles to ensure that you are consistent across your entire online presence.
- Attend networking events to practice how you deliver your personal brand in real life.
- Connect with people and prospective employers who align with your personal brand and that will lead to relevant opportunities.