With proven success in several agencies, Alexandra Taylor brings to D&AD an invaluable masterclass for creatives and account managers, founded on her belief that creating a deeper understanding between both sides of the profession is essential for excellence. During this immersive and innovative workshop, Alexandra will explore the importance of both roles through the process of art direction. As a launch offer, account managers who come with creatives (or vice versa!) from the same agency will only need to pay for one place.
The masterclass includes Alexandra’s fail-safe rules for achieving the best results from the relationship between art directors and account managers. The masterclass will cover her Eight Golden Rules of Art Direction, the ways to sell art direction and a session that explores the learning’s on a practical level. A live brief will be set with Alexandra working with both creatives and account managers to put into practice what they have learnt.
By the end of this masterclass Account Managers and Creatives will:
- Learn how to foster a close working relationship to jointly sell art direction using a single unified
- Develop their relationship with each other
- Understanding how the smallest of detail can have the biggest of impact in the selling art direction
- Gain a unique insight, respect and empathy into each other roles and skills sets through the use of role reversal and team work throughout the masterclass
- Know how and why you need to be an expert on the brand you’re representing
- All creatives and account managers
- If you’re an account manager, bring a fellow creative. If you’re a creative – bring your account manager
Alexandra Taylor, Founder of Mrs McGuinty Ltd. and former joint Creative Director at Saatchi & Saatchi. Widely acknowledged as one of the UK’s outstanding art directors, Alexandra Taylor has appeared in the D&AD Annual over 200 times, as well as being a regular name at Cannes Lion, British Television Arrows and Creative Circle.
Alex, at last the BMB Account Executives now understand the true value of great Art Direction. Thank you greatly.Matt Waller
Brilliant, doing it with the account guys was a great idea, l feel that l could trust any of the guys who took the course to present my ideas. Learning how to sell an image and the person who made it instead of just the messaging of the ad was very interesting. We did this by learning to sell a photograph not a piece of advertising. Definitely would recommend the masterclass.Sam Preece
CHI & Partners
I have had nothing but positive feedback from all the creatives and account executives who took part, I think that the masterclass really stretched everyone. … it made people think about things they don’t always get the chance to consider.Graham Daldry
Looking for More Information?
If you're interested in learning more about any of our Masterclasses, or have any related queries, please leave your details below and someone will be in touch shortly.