Inside the D&AD New Blood Academy with WPP
Who's it For?
Those who’ve been credited on a 2017 Pencil-winning New Blood Awards entry (Creative Team or individual). Or, won a CCSP Student Award.
Those without a job or placement already lined up will be prioritised. You can apply if you’ve been on the Academy before, but first timers will take priority.
- Those who can commit to coming to London for the whole Academy (7 - 21 July 2017).
How do I Apply?
Get your profile sorted and make a start on your application video right away.
Step One: Your D&AD Profile
First, make sure your D&AD profile’s up to scratch:
1. Login and then click ‘Hello [your name]’ at top-right.
2. Select ‘View Your Profile’.
3. Click the pencil icon to make changes: enter a short bio, add a headshot (photo), and add links to your social media and website, then hit ‘Save Changes’.
Step Two: Your Application Video
Next, show us your creative self in a 90 second video. Make sure you:
Pack it with personality
Show some of your other creative work (i.e. not your winning entry)
Answer these questions:
1. What tip or advice would you give your 10-year-old self?
2. What would you most want your creative work to be remembered for?
3. If you do get a place on the Academy, what do you promise to take from the experience?
Format your video according to these specs:
Beyond that, how you use that time and the format is up to you. But, remember...
- MPEG2/MPEG4 or MOV only
- Min bitrate 8.5 mbps (max 50mbps)
- Max file sale 500mb
Be creative, have fun with it, and above all be you.
You may need a day or two to create your video, but as with all great things, if you put the effort in it will show.
Keep it simple.
Step Three: Submitting Your Application
As well as uploading your video, the form will ask you for your contact details and work and travel situations. You’ll also need to upload a headshot (JPEG), and share URLs to your winning work on our website, and to your online portfolio.
You can only apply for a place if you’ve been credited as part of the Creative Team on a Pencil-winning New Blood Awards entry for 2017. Or, you are a CCSP Student Award winner (Silver or Gold winners only).
All applications must be submitted via the online application form, and by the deadline of Tuesday 30 May, 12pm BST.
Only one application per person. If you’re part of a creative team, you can work on your applications together, but:
- You each need to submit an individual application.
- Your videos can share some footage and share a concept but each needs to be different, and to show you as an individual as much as it shows you as part of a team.
A travel and accommodation fund is available to help successful Academy applicants get to London for the duration of the Academy. Allocations will be made to individuals based on a case-by-case basis, taking into account distance of travel, and means of applicant. Allocations will not cover all travel costs but will be a contribution towards these. Please note, daily food and travel expenses during the Academy are not covered by the travel and accommodation fund.
Offers of Academy places and travel and accommodation assistance will be made by early June.
By accepting a place, you’re committing to take part in the whole Academy (London, Bootcamp: 7 - 21 July 2017 and, if selected, the Academy Studio: September 2017).
By submitting an Academy application, applicants grant D&AD and the relevant sponsor a nonexclusive license for the duration of copyright protection to reproduce or distribute a reproduction of their application film in order to promote, or act as a historical record of the D&AD New Blood Academy, the D&AD New Blood Awards or D&AD as an organization, or a sponsor’s involvement with the D&AD New Blood Academy; or as part of any D&AD publication (whether online or offline).