During this practical and interactive course, Jim will take you through a series of exercises and activities about idea generation. Each of these will be based on a previous live project, which will be shown before, during or after the exercises.
Be sure to leave your laptop at home as you won’t need it. Just be prepared to cut things out, write things down, draw and stick things together. Don’t expect an easy session though – there’ll be lots of discussion and interrogation of your ideas, looking at what could make them better. You will learn through practicing, presenting, discussion and critiquing.
At the beginning of the Masterclass you’ll get your very own work(& playbook), full of exercises and tasks that you’ll go through during the day. By the time you leave, it’ll showcase all of your ideas.
By the end of this workshop you will:
- Explore the different disciplines within the design industry – looking at branding, typography and copy-driven exercises to broaden your insight
- Look at the design process in a new and different way to create unexpected outcomes, satisfy your curiosity and challenge your perspective on what design can be
- Force yourself to think through doing, rather than sitting in front of the computer
Who it's for:
- Designers and creatives within the design and advertising sector looking for inspiration and new ways to approach design ideation
- Any creatives needing to step away from the screen and reconnect with playful idea generation
- Creative teams needing a way to kickstart a brief
- In-house creatives looking to find ways to generate new ideas
Looking for more information?
If you're interested in learning more about any of our Masterclasses, or have any related queries, please leave your details below and someone will be in touch shortly.