We are all in the business of persuasion - whether it is persuading clients to buy our work, consumers to buy the products and services we advertise or make, persuading judges that our campaign is worth an award, or convincing colleagues to choose and make our ideas. But very few of us are ever taught how to be more persuasive.
Every day the creative and communications landscape becomes more complex, with media ranging from feature film to quick Instagram story, and from epic installation to two-centimetre-high Facebook advert. Attention spans are becoming shorter and more fragmented. Communications and marketing budgets are being stretched thinner and decision-makers are prepared to take fewer risks. As a result, it has never been more vital to be powerfully persuasive.
In this workshop, Kit Altin will teach you how to apply the same focus, rigour, intelligence and imagination to selling your ideas as you do to creating them. The day will be fast, fun and extremely practical, based not only on psychological theory but on industry experience of what really works. You’ll learn the essentials of being powerfully persuasive, helping you to sell your ideas, convince your clients and engage your target audience.
Kit will go through the classic and contemporary understanding of how persuasion works, using sources from Aristotle to modern thinkers such as Daniel Pink. You’ll keep applying what you’ve learned throughout the day and at the end, you’ll get to tackle a new persuasion challenge, which will underpin and consolidate the day’s work.
By the end of this workshop you will:
- Understand why emotion is the most persuasive tool we have
- Know what does and doesn’t work when it comes to persuading people
- Leave with practical tools and techniques to make you and your work more persuasive in any medium
- Be much more confident in your power to influence and persuade even in challenging circumstances and on tough briefs
Who it's for:
- Planners and strategists looking for new techniques and tools
- Creatives wanting a better understanding of how to make influential work
- Account Handlers needing insight into communicating with any target audience
- Anyone tasked with brand communications who needs to leave a lasting impact
Looking for More Information?
If you're interested in learning more about any of our Masterclasses, or have any related queries, please leave your details below and someone will be in touch shortly.