The so-called “internet of things” is set to revolutionise how and when we interact with the world. This session is designed to help your organisation and ensure you are prepared for a digital future where everything is connected. You’ll leave this workshop with the confidence and skills to formulate and implement a digital marketing strategy, learning from an expert in the field of digital products – Christopher Lee Ball.
In this workshop, you’ll get to work on a hypothetical brief for a hypothetical client and with the guiding hand of Christopher, you’ll get to crack it in real time.
In a series of 30-minute and 60-minute workshops, punctuated by brief periods of reflection, and other necessary breaks for thought, Chris will drive forward the evolution of a digital solution to the brief.
He will guide you through the main stages of the process from conception, through formulation and to implementation. He shares with you useful tools and techniques to smooth that journey. Finally, he invites everybody to present ideas to their fellow delegates.
- Understand what the upcoming trends in digital are
- Get a detailed insight into the underlying principals that engage people online
- Learn how to map out the customer life-cycle
- Be able to map out some of the most important customer moments from no awareness to advocacy
- Learn about and appreciate what a digital blueprint is
Get a deep dive into some of the category specific digital trends and the principals that engage people and the professional industry alike
- Creative people
- Account people and planners
- Anyone who wishes to understand how to conceive and implement a digital strategy
- Anyone who is employed in a digital agency
- Those who have not had experience working in digital and now need to understand its potential
- Anyone who is keen to embrace the digital age and understand the unlimited marketing and promotional possibilities it offers
Christopher Lee Ball cut his design teeth creating new digital products for Thompson Reuters in New York City. After earning a masters in film theory in London in 2006, he was one of the lead designers of the YouView (nee Canvas) IPTV platform for the BBC and its partner broadcasters. In 2009 he joined DigitasLBi, where clients have included Virgin Atlantic, BT, AstraZeneca, Cunard, Renault, and Nissan. He is currently a director and head of the DigitasLBi UK user experience team.
In his spare time Christopher writes fiction and dabbles in film production, some of his short documentaries have been commissioned directly by the BBC. His passion is storytelling and crafting meaningful journeys for his clients and customers. Christopher holds degrees from Columbia University and University College London.
64 Cheshire Street
I think this session should be mandatory for everyone working with advertising agencies. I thought I would be out of my comfort zone but I loved it!Robert Howarth
Motion Graphics Designer
Looking for More Information?
If you're interested in learning more about our digital strategy course and would like to discuss it with a D&AD Training professional, please leave your details and someone will be in touch very shortly via email or call us on +44 (0) 20 7840 1154.