So, you’ve been asked to lead an in-house creative design team. From honing your design craft to managing a team of designers, how do you increase the influence of your work, translate this into becoming a manager, while establishing design as a core function within a business? This workshop will help you define what type of design team you’d like to lead and introduce you to the strategic knowledge and skills needed to advocate for design’s role within your organisation.
This workshop is a highly interactive blend of theory, case studies, peer learning and inspiration. You will leave the day with a newfound appreciation for the roles that designers can play within an organisation, a diagnosis of your team’s current situation, and a personal plan for your own development.
You’ll learn about the intersection of business and design, and the established fields of design leadership and design management. Through a series of interactive and reflective activities you will be introduced to practical frameworks and tools to assess the current state of design within your organisation and plan for its future role, including the skills and experiences you need to develop your leadership role.
By the end of this workshop you will:
- Learn about the role designers plays in a range of organisations
- Understand the different models of design team, and the implications they have on the culture of creativity and skills needed by designers
- Hear from well-known design leaders about what they have learned during a career spent establishing in-house design teams
Who it's for:
- Creatives who have recently joined or are considering joining an in-house design team
- Anyone who is managing a team of in-house designers
- Anyone who would like to know more about advocating for the role and value that design can bring to large organisations
Looking for More Information?
If you're interested in learning more about any of our Masterclasses, or have any related queries, please leave your details below and someone will be in touch shortly.