Managing creative people is a challenge at the best of times. From defining and honing your leadership style, to navigating the complexities of your team’s personalities and building a resilient, productive and creative team, by the end of the day you should emerge as a more rounded creative leader.
This course is designed to help anyone who is the leader of a creative department improve the quality of work their teams produce. You’ll learn how to put together teams whose talents are complementary and inspire them to make better work. From understanding how to connect with difficult individuals, to setting a creative vision and giving constructive feedback, you’ll start to see how to make your team happier and more creative.
In the process you will gain a better understanding of the qualities needed by a successful creative leader and realities of working with creative people. By the end of the session, you'll be able to spot what’s working and what isn’t – and importantly, what to do when it isn’t.
By the end of this workshop you will:
- Better understand how to recruit creative people
- Define key team roles
- Use appropriate tools to manage poor performance
- Make time to develop the individuals within your team
- Improve the way your team interacts with the wider organisation and with clients
Who it's for:
- New managers, to find and shape your own leadership style
- Experienced leaders to hone and refine your skills
- Creative directors and group heads
- Account managers and handlers planners
- Art directors, designers or writers who aspire to become a creative director
Looking for more information?
If you're interested in learning more about any of our Masterclasses, or have any related queries, please leave your details below and someone will be in touch shortly.