Whether you’re managing your in-house designer, or keeping your client happy, you need to know how to juggle the relationships your working life revolves around. Susie's session is adapted from a three-month long course at the Harvard Business School, and tailored to those working in design and advertising. Delivered in bite-sized chunks – so you can leave with practical skills and tools to put into use straight away – this is an immersive and hands-on workshop that covers all aspects of creative relationships.
Each step of the workshop is underpinned by researched best-practice relationship management, that's been proven to work time and again. But more than that, this is a day that's all about interaction and shared experiences. Role play gives you the chance to practice what you've learned, so you can leave feeling confident, and ready to manage any relationship work throws at you.
This course will help you:
- Learn when to be assertive, and when to accommodate another's view
- Understand how to get out of high conflict situations, and negotiate more powerfully to get better results
- Know how to use your influencing style to get the results you need (useful for selling work to clients or partner agencies)
- Learn practical models and tools from the world of business: eg. Thomas Kilmann's “Conflict Modes”
- Analyse how your working practices could be improved upon with your clients, partner agencies and colleagues
- Improve listening and stress busters techniques
Anyone that has a working relationship with clients, internal partners, or external agencies, including:
- Creative directors, both experienced and new to the game
- Writers and art directors
- Internal creative departments
- Managers or directors who could benefit from better team relationships
- Account handlers
- Project managers
- Anyone that wants to forge good relationships with colleagues and clients
Susie Galbraith has over thirty years' experience in brand communication on both agency and client side, which gives her a wealth of knowledge to bring to the day. She built plenty of relationships with challenging clients, as both an Account Director and Client Services Director, before moving into training and consultancy. Her vast experience brings invaluable insight into the challenges, and opportunities, that come with working partnerships.
If you'd like to hear more about Managing Creative and Client Relationships, watch Susie talking about the trials and tribulations of relationships in the creative industry in this short clip.
64 Cheshire Street
"Really useful and relevant to what we do and how we work and want to operate."Emma Field
"Fantastic, valuable insight into how we can improve our ways at working and managing clients effectively."Sarah Murfin
Senior Graphic Designer
The Football Association
09:30 – 17:30
14/06/2018 – 14/06/2018
09:30 – 17:00
Looking for More Information?
If you're interested in learning more about Managing Creative and Client Relationships and would like to discuss it with a D&AD Training professional, please leave your details and someone will be in touch very shortly via email or call us on +44 (0) 20 7840 1154.