Great ideas are at the heart of all brilliant creative work. They can inspire action, create a new way to live, last a lifetime, and even change the world.
But these ideas don't appear as if by magic. They take bravery, collaboration, resilience, imagination and more, which means sometimes it's easier to play it safe and recreate what's gone before. That’s where our creative ideas course, The Art & Science Of Ideas, comes in.
We'll be breaking down the process into five main steps that will help you understand how great ideas happen - everything from the first inkling to the final feedback. D&AD’s self-guided creative ideas course is designed to connect you with the individuals and the tools to bring your concepts to life, pushing you further with practical, real world experience and expertise.
Part 1: Think It
The first part of this course takes us back to the beginning of the creative process and we'll discuss how ideas are born with a range of creatives, including Tony Davidson, ECD at Wieden+Kennedy London, and legendary ad-man Patrick Collister.
Part 2: Commercialise It
In Part 2 of our creative ideas course, we'll look at how to make ideas that thrive in a commercial landscape. Alongside our course leaders, we'll hear from marketing expert Daryl Fielding and see examples of brave ideas from across the world.
Part 3: Create It
During Part 3 you will start doing, and bring your big idea to life with the help of the team behind Google's award-winning NSynth Super project and graphic design genius, Jim Sutherland.
Part 4: Push It
Once you have your big idea it's easy to stop there. Part 4 will help you keep going and push your idea further than ever before, with advice from over 20 of the worlds best creative brains, including ad guru Ben Priest. You will also get access to a brand new creative tool.
Part 5: Refine It
Part 5 will guide you through the scariest part of the creative process: getting feedback. A trio of top creatives, including the brilliant Becky McOwen-Banks from FCB Inferno, share their experiences (good and bad), and our course leaders will guide you through giving feedback to each other.
By the end of our on-demand structured, five week ideas course, you'll have heard from over 50 of the creative industry's smartest minds, have a toolkit of tried and tested methods of creating big ideas, worked - in real time - on a brief with your fellow participants and have take-away skills to help create world-changing ideas over and over again.
What will I get out of a creative ideas course?
- Understand how to develop ideas time and again
- Know how to get out of a creative rut and become unstuck, regardless of the brief
- Be able to give and receive more constructive feedback
- Develop a playful approach to answering briefs
- Absorb inspiration from across the creative industries
- 6 months of access to complete the course at your own pace
Who’s it for?
- Anyone who wants to understand the importance of great creative ideas
- All creatives who need to know how to have brilliant ideas
- Those at the start of their creative careers, specifically in advertising, marketing and design
- In-house creatives wanting to push themselves, and the briefs they receive
- All creatives looking for new inspiration
Looking for more information?
If you're interested in learning more about any of our Masterclasses, or have any related queries, please leave your details below and someone will be in touch shortly.