Every news article ever written about brand identity starts with what a waste of money the process was. This Masterclass takes that presumption and aims to turn it on its head. By taking the twisted logic of Bill James’ infamous Moneyball theory as a starting point, we will look to create a playbook for designing brand identities that are seen to actively add real value to an organisation. Through models, use of data, simple brand analysis and a healthy dose of storytelling we’ll look to prove that building a powerful and creative brand identity plan is about much more than adding ‘creative pixie dust’.
Whether you’re a designer or a brand manager, get ready to explore within your own organisation how to devise an efficient strategy that will work harder for your brand to reach more tangible success. Bring along a brand that you work for or simply one that you admire and dissect the very core components that make it distinctive and meaningful. Using this as a basis, you’ll then develop strategies that help you define how a brand identity looks, feels and behaves in the world.
After a decade and a half in the brand industry, Wolff Olins’ global chief design officer Chris Moody shares models, case studies, tips and cheats to help you better plan, run and resolve identity briefs time and time again. This is a hands-on workshop aimed to give you everything you need to create 360 design systems that are truly fit for all the challenges of modern business.
By the end of this workshop you will have:
- Learned how to break down an identity into its core components and focus on the things that will work hardest for you to accelerate your brand
- Explore a series of reusable models and templates that will help you make your brand strategy a reality through your identity plan
- Break down a series of case studies to work out where they have both succeeded and failed
- Look into how you can use elements of the brand building playbook to better explain and demystify the identity design process to senior stakeholders and C-suite
Who it's for:
- Chief marketing or brand officers of small to medium size organisations
- Smaller organisations at funding stage looking to grow fast
- Marketing and communications directors and managers looking to pivot their brand
- Senior designers looking to make the move ‘in house’ for the first time
- Brand strategists looking to stretch their skills
- Anyone wanting to build impactful brand identities
- In-house creatives within creative or non-creative organisations
Looking for more information?
If you're interested in learning more about any of our Masterclasses, or have any related queries, please leave your details below and someone will be in touch shortly.