D&AD’s Business Start-Up Course is an entrepreneurial bootcamp for anyone with a spark of a creative idea who wants to turn it into a business reality.
Over the course of four weeks, you’ll work alongside a small cohort of fellow entrepreneurs to rigorously test your idea - both individually and as a peer group - and have it reviewed and improved by our expert facilitator.
Whether it’s a product you’re hoping to launch, or service you’re in the early stages of creating, our business start up course is designed to break the process down into thorough steps, helping you consider both the basics and often overlooked elements. From creating a business proposition, statement and vision for your venture, to building your personal resilience, you’ll come away with skills that can help build your business, or boost any future business you work in.
Throughout the four weeks you’ll have access to a self-guided learning programme, regular check-ins with our course leader, Tom Evans, and access to a group of peers to help guide you through. By the end of our carefully curated business start up course you will have moved from initial idea to pitch-ready investment deck, and have entrepreneurial skills you can apply time and again.
Our business start up course is broken down into modules, over four weeks you’ll cover:
- THINK IT - every business starts with an idea, but not all ideas create great businesses. In this section, you'll learn the basics of business models, the foundations you need to lay to create a successful enterprise and how your idea will make money.
- FEEL IT - this is the section where we get personal. The entrepreneurs' journey is rarely smooth, so in this module we'll help you find the resilience to work on complex and demanding business ideas, and provide tips and tools to be productive and thrive during the process.
- MAKE IT - in this step we look at how to bring your business idea to life, the processes you need to go through to get things made, the importance of an MVP, and map out the resources you'll need to make your thing a reality.
- FUND IT - in the last module you'll learn about the multitude of different options out there to get money for your business, and which one is right for you. Our business start up course also wouldn’t be complete without also building skills in selling your story and be guided to give a winning pitch.
- Plus, get 11 months more access to the content and peer group chat once the four weeks is finished.
By the end of the Masterclass you will:
- Know if your creative idea can become a viable business
- Have tested your new venture with your fellow learners
- Understand your role as an entrepreneur
- Align your motivation and vision to build personal resilience
- Identify your MVP and the steps to make it
- Know the suitable funding model for your business
- Understand customer acquisition, and how to attract your clients
- Create a pitch-ready deck to sum up your venture
- Have 1:1 feedback on your business canvas
- Be part of a small cohort of creative entrepreneurs to test, feedback and support each other
Who is the business start up course for:
- Any creatively-minded people with an entrepreneurial spark
- Anyone who responds well to a deadline! The regular check-ins means you need to put your learnings into practice
- Those wanting to test and receive feedback on their business idea
- Those wanting to quickly get up to speed on founding a business
- Freelancers wanting to give their business a boost
- New graduates looking for an alternative to joining another business
- Anyone who has an idea to start working on, today - this course is designed for those who want to immediately apply their learnings to a business idea
This course combines self-directed learning and live group sessions. The live sessions will take place at the following times:
1st session | 4th March 6–8pm
2nd session | 11th March 6–8pm
3rd session | 18th March 6–8pm
4th session | 25th March 6–8pm
5th session | 31 March 6–8pm
To find out more download the course overview here, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Looking for more information?
If you're interested in learning more about any of our Masterclasses, or have any related queries, please leave your details below and someone will be in touch shortly.