Brands are talking more than ever. Online, on social, on air, on billboards, on trains, planes and automobiles – the list goes… well… on. With so many brands around and so many places to communicate their message, now has never been a better time to make sure a brand’s voice is heard. So, how does a brand find its personality and create a voice?
This course is designed to show you where a brand voice comes from. You’ll start by understanding how some of the most famous brands in the world use their voice well – and how some don’t. Vikki will show you how to get it right every time with essential tips you’ll put into practice in a series of short copywriting exercises.
You’ll then explore brand purpose, promise and personality, and in teams create a brand and its verbal identity. Before you go, Vikki will provide solid advice on how to protect a brand with her guide to writing guidelines for colleagues and clients. Have pens and paper ready as laptops and tablets aren’t allowed – you’ll be writing, actually writing. And flexing your imagination, getting creative, tackling new techniques, taking on different personas and presenting.
By the end of this workshop you will:
- Understand where a brand voice comes from
- Learned the difference between good and bad brand voices in action
- Know how to write in different voices
- Be able to create a brand purpose, promise and personality
- Understand how to create and protect a brand voice
- Have practiced effective creative and copywriting techniques
Who it's for:
- Anyone who works in or is considering joining an in-house branding team
- Anyone who works on brand development in-house or agency-side
- Anyone who regularly writes for brands
- Anyone who regularly designs for brands or is responsible for a brand’s visual identity
- Anyone who reviews brand copy e.g. account or project management team, marketing or promotions team
Looking for more information?
If you're interested in learning more about any of our Masterclasses, or have any related queries, please leave your details below and someone will be in touch shortly.