Brands are talking more than ever. On line, on social, on air, on billboards, on trains, planes and automobiles – the list goes… well… on. With so many brands around and so many places to communicate their message, now has never been a better time to make sure a brand’s voice is heard. So, how does a brand create a voice? How does a brand communicate with its audience? And how does a brand stand out from the crowd? This creative copywriting workshop will help you on your way.
In this informal, interactive, engaging and entertaining day course, we’ll look at where a brand voice comes from and see how world-famous brands use their voice well, how some don’t, and how you can create a voice people want to hear.
Have pens and paper ready as laptops and tablets aren’t allowed, you’ll be writing – actually writing, flexing your imagination, getting creative, tackling new techniques and taking on different personas throughout the session.
By the end of this workshop you will:
- Understand where a brand voice comes from
- Have learned the difference between good and bad brand voices in action
- Get the toolkit you need to create a brand voice
- Gain the confidence to create a brand voice
- Leave with the techniques to get your brand message across effectively
- Have a comprehensive understanding of conversational copywriting
- Anyone who works in or is considering joining an in-house branding team
- Those working on brand development in-house or agency-side
- Individuals who regularly write for brands
- Account or project management teams, marketing or promotions teams that review brand copy
- Anyone who is tasked with working on a brand launch or rebrand
- Those responsible for briefing a creative team or agency to work on their brand
- Anyone who wants to understand or master the art of writing for a brand
Vikki Ross has been writing copy for big-name brands for 20 years. We’re talking The Body Shop, Expedia, Virgin Media, Philips, BBC and loads more. She specialises in branding and tone of voice, runs workshops and courses across the UK and tutors future copywriters and designers at School of Communication Arts 2.0.
Focusing mainly on entertainment these days, Vikki’s clients include Sky, NOW TV, ITV and Audible, and she regularly works with agencies like WTF Creative, Sapient Nitro, Table 19, Kitcatt Nohr and Venture Three.
Vikki has been judging D&AD and D&AD New Blood writing categories for the last three years, even writing the D&AD New Blood Copywriting brief in 2014. She also judged Best Writing category at DMA Awards 2015, AD STARS 2016 (Korea) and will be judging at DMA Awards 2016.
Intent on celebrating copywriting, Vikki created the Twitter hashtag #copywritersunite, which sees copywriters from around the world connecting with each other every day. Demand called for copywriters to meet in person so Vikki hosts quarterly #copywritersunite nights out in London where people have connected, collaborated and celebrated their love of copywriting.
Vikki recently launched the first ever Copy Cabana 2016 with her business partners Andy Maslen and Matt Desmier. This exciting new event features a stellar speaker line-up and will open Matt’s hugely successful Silicon Beach event in September.
64 Cheshire Street
09:30 – 17:00
09:30 – 17:00
Looking for More Information?
If you're interested in learning more about Brand Voice and Creative Copywriting and would like to discuss it with a D&AD Training professional, please leave your details and someone will be in touch very shortly via email or call us on +44 (0) 20 7840 1154.