Brands are talking more than ever. On line, on social, on air, on billboards, on trains, planes and automobiles – the list goes… well… on. With so many brands around and so many places to communicate their message, now has never been a better time to make sure a brand’s voice is heard. So, how does a brand create a voice? How does a brand communicate with its audience? And how does a brand stand out from the crowd? This creative copywriting masterclass will help you on your way.
In this informal, interactive, engaging and entertaining day masterclass, we’ll look at where a brand voice comes from and see how world-famous brands use their voice well, how some don’t, and how you can create a voice people want to hear.
Have pens and paper ready as laptops and tablets aren’t allowed, you’ll be writing – actually writing, flexing your imagination, getting creative, tackling new techniques and taking on different personas throughout the session.
By the end of this masterclass you will:
- Understand where a brand voice comes from
- Have learned the difference between good and bad brand voices in action
- Get the toolkit you need to create a brand voice
- Gain the confidence to create a brand voice
- Leave with the techniques to get your brand message across effectively
- Have a comprehensive understanding of conversational copywriting
- Anyone who works in or is considering joining an in-house branding team
- Those working on brand development in-house or agency-side
- Individuals who regularly write for brands
- Account or project management teams, marketing or promotions teams that review brand copy
- Anyone who is tasked with working on a brand launch or rebrand
- Those responsible for briefing a creative team or agency to work on their brand
- Anyone who wants to understand or master the art of writing for a brand
Vikki has been bringing copy to life for over 20 years.
She began her career agency-side before falling for the beauty industry and working in The Body Shop creative studio for eight years. She then moved into entertainment, writing for Virgin Media and Sky before her passion for travel took her far and wide with Expedia and Hotels.com.
Now Vikki helps major brands find their personality and tone of voice. Her clients include Sky, NOW TV and ITV, and she works with agencies like Portas, Fitch, AKQA, WCRS and Table 19.
She also runs branding and copywriting workshops around the world, pushes future creatives to write award-winning copy at London's School of Communication Arts 2.0, is a regular judge on D&AD, D&AD New Blood and DMA awards panels, and was named a 2017 Top 30 Female Creative Leader by Campaign and Creative Equals.
On Twitter? Vikki created #thingsyouhearinagencies - join in at @AgencyQuotes – and follow her #copywritersunite hashtag to meet other copywriters online and in real life.
Vikki also co-created Copy Capital, an annual event in London, UK designed to celebrate copywriting (www.copycapital.co.uk / @Copy_Capital).
Looking for More Information?
If you're interested in learning more about any of our Masterclasses, or have any related queries, please leave your details below and someone will be in touch shortly.