Ask any great designer, advertiser or creative what a brand is and almost all will have a different answer. This Masterclass will demystify branding, and offer a much clearer understanding of what it means and what it does. Drawing and building on his bestselling book, Branding, Michael Johnson shows how to firstly define, then design brands that make a difference, all in five and a half steps.
Taking inspiration from Johnson Banks’ portfolio of blue chip, cultural and charity clients, and applying what he’s learned in 25 years at the coal face, get under ‘the bonnet of branding’ in an intense day of workshops, discussion, thinking, writing and design. Reflect on key insights, explore great branding examples and identify key lessons you can apply in your own work.
By the end of this workshop you will have:
- Learned new ways to analyse a market, how to ‘map’ it and look for gaps and opportunities
- Tested out Johnson’s own brand model to clearly define a brand’s verbal and strategic basis
- Explore examples of world-class branding, from research, to narrative, to naming, then design
- Seen and heard examples throughout the day backing up each of the stages of the process, including in-depth examples of Johnson’s own projects and case studies from across the world
Who it's for:
- Anyone who wants a better understanding of the full spectrum of the branding process
- Marketing and communications directors and managers
- Designers needing to stretch their skills and explore great branding
- Anybody who is employed in the communications industries
- Ideally participants will already have some experience/knowledge of branding
Looking for more information?
If you're interested in learning more about any of our Masterclasses, or have any related queries, please leave your details below and someone will be in touch shortly.