If you’re looking to sharpen your critical instincts, get a radical overhaul of your craft skills and gain valuable insights from a creative industry star then don’t miss this workshop. Drawing on her extensive portfolio and experience, Alexandra Taylor will reveal her golden rules of art direction. This highly engaging and interactive course will give you the space to think, talk, debate and innovate.
During this Masterclass, Alexandra will improve your ability to enhance advertising ideas through innovative art direction, and help you gain a deep understanding of how important strong brand ‘looks’ are for both print and digital media. Then there’s what Alexandra calls ‘practice to be perfect’, mastering visual balance and composition, adopting the right tone, and creating an appropriate execution.
By the end of the workshop, you will take away a toolbox of practical insights and techniques that you’ll be able to implement immediately. You will leave with a deeper understanding of disciplines related to advertising and art direction such as illustration, graphic design, photography and typography. More than anything, Alexandra will give you feedback on work she will ask you to do during the course of the session and advice on how it might be improved.
By the end of this workshop you will:
- Get a deeper understanding of related disciplines such as digital, illustration, graphic design, photography and typography
- Practise to perfect: understand the critical importance of visual balance, composition, tone and appropriate execution
- Gain a renewed enthusiasm for the craft of art direction and the motivation and confidence to experiment
Who it's for:
- Art directors and designers with some experience who wish to improve their skills
- Would-be art directors and designers looking to learn from a leader in the field
- New creatives or those who’ve done some design work, but wish tofully exploit their talent
- Anyone with some design skill who wishes to learn more about the arcane art of art direction
Looking for More Information?
If you're interested in learning more about any of our Masterclasses, or have any related queries, please leave your details below and someone will be in touch shortly.