The early stages of a copywriting career can be strangely isolated. You might find you’re struggling to meet the needs of the brief, or that the meeting of minds with the team around you is often postponed in agency life. There are challenges in meeting deadlines, pressures and the expectations you now face, and confidence takes you only so far. An inside understanding and some sneaky techniques would stop you feeling alone and help bolster your game enormously. Wouldn’t you like to meet your copywriter’s reflection in the mirror with a much more knowing look?
Don’t come along to Will’s session expecting a relaxing day out of the office. His session is full on, but the hard work is worth it. It provides a firm grounding in the art of writing for advertising, not least because Will’s session gets right to the heart of the writing process.
He teaches how to think differently about words, and apply this thinking to the creation of great advertising. In short, Will shares the wit, wisdom and experience gained from over 30 years as an award-winning advertising copywriter and creative director.
By the end of this workshop you will:
- Possess a broader context in which to situate your writing
- Know how to overcome the tyranny of the blank page
- Appreciate how to keep your audience in mind
- Have practiced how to order your arguments most compellingly and learned how to access more richly persuasive content
- Have investigated how to keep your writing personal as well as be exposed to headline generation techniques
- Be inspired to re-oxygenate your copywriting
Who it's for:
- New copywriters who are just starting their careers
- People whose ambition is to become a copywriter
- Managers who find themselves having to write copy for their own businesses
- Working copywriters who’d like to polish their writing skills and re-ignite their enthusiasm for writing
- Anyone who wishes to master the art of writing clear and persuasive advertising copy
- Anyone who writes web content who would like to learn more about traditional advertising copy techniques
Looking for more information?
If you're interested in learning more about any of our Masterclasses, or have any related queries, please leave your details below and someone will be in touch shortly.