A look at branding from all angles
Ah, brands. We all love them, we all use them, but does anybody really know what the hell they are? Identities, personalities, strategies, experiences, guidelines and, yes, even onions. But behind all the faux science there are new ways of working that influence our clients’ expectations. This is a practical session run by someone who really, really knows what he is talking about. It will demystify the whole business of Branding – giving you the knowledge, the vocabulary and the creative approach to tackle the subject with confidence. Staying on brand can be difficult: falling off can be disastrous. It’s time to get up to speed, take this session now.
- A clear understanding of what branding means and how brands work
- Insights into the strengths of key brands, and the weakness of others
- Practice in creating credible brand ideas using innovate thinking techniques
The Session Leader
Your session leader is Michael Johnson, Creative Director and Principal of London consultancy Johnson Banks – one of Europe’s most successful agencies. Black Pencil winner, ex-president of D&AD and published author – he’s here to help.
Find and bring with you an example of:
- a brand that you think is strong and well presented
- a brand which presents itself well but is actually quite disappointing underneath
- a brand that you think is a great idea, but is poorly communicated
- a bad brand that's both a bad idea and poorly presented
‘It was great to see the depth of strategy behind the development of a brief and the time it takes’
‘A really enjoyable session that didn’t feel like training at all. It gave me a new perspective on how to approach the work I do.’
‘Inspiring and illuminating – excellent, thank you.’