Board of Trustees
The Body Shop
Since my university years studying Classics in Cambridge, followed by Creative Advertising at University College Falmouth, I’ve put my love of writing and learning to the task of conquering the creative industries.
I've built my portfolio and my knowledge of the industry at AMV BBDO, Ogilvy, VCCP and Adam&Eve/DDB, before finding my current home as a Junior Copywriter in The Body Shop's international creative department in April. I have a D&AD Student Yellow Pencil for Radio Writing on my shelf, and a life-changing month at the 2012 D&AD Graduate Academy to my name. I look forward to what the future of the industry will bring, and hope I’ll be one of the people helping make the changes happen.
How will you support D&AD over the next three years?
I will drive changes over the next year to shape the D&AD of 2063.
So where do I see D&AD in 50 years, and how will my three years get us there?
- Build the D&AD Foundation, establishing bursaries and scholarships to help creative people across the world access essential creative education.
- Campaign to protect creative education in curriculums, making D&AD a recognised voice in education and politics.
Launchpad for talent
- Develop the Student Awards and Graduate Academy to meet and anticipate the needs of the next generation of talent.
- Facilitate inter-disciplinary collaboration through events and networking.
- Expand D&AD’s initiatives to help fresh graduates and employers find and get the best out of each other.
Force for good
- Promote and expand on the White Pencil award
- Make D&AD the “hothouse” where creative practitioners and brands come together to effect positive change in the world, through training and workshops.